ACOM 600S specifications
a) Standard frequency coverage (*):
1.800 – 2.000 MHz
3.500 – 4.000 MHz
7.000 – 7.300 MHz.
10.100 – 10.150 MHz
14.000 – 14.350 MHz
18.068 – 18.168 MHz
21.000 – 21.450 MHz
24.890 – 24.990 MHz
28.000 – 29.700 MHz
50.000 – 54.000 MHz
(*) Extensions or changes of the frequency coverage are possible after negotiations
with the manufacturer.
b) Rated output power: 600W +/-0.5dB, PEP or continuous carrier, without mode limitation.
c) Intermodulation distortions (IMD3): better than 28dB (30dB typically) below the rated PEP output.
d) Harmonic and parasitic emissions output suppression: better than 60dB (65dB typically).
e) Input and output impedances:
– nominal value: 50 Ohm unbalanced, UHF (SO239) type connectors;
– input circuit: broadband, SWR below 1.2:1 (1.1:1 typically); 1.8 – 54 MHz continuous range without
retuning or switching;
– RF by-pass path SWR – below 1.1:1, 1.8-54 MHz;
– admissible SWR at the output load (the antenna): up to 3:1 with proportional power reduction and up
to 1.5:1 for full output power;
f) RF power gain: 14dB +/-1dB (typically 25W for 600W output power);
g) Mains power supply voltage: 85-132V with 10А main fuses and 170-265V with 6.3А main fuses, 45-
66Hz, single phase;
h) Mains power consumption at full output power: 1500VA or less with a power factor of 0.95 or higher;
i) Mains power consumption in Low Energy (waiting) mode: less than 1VA;
j) Complies with EU safety regulations and electromagnetic compatibility standards, as well as with the
US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules;
k) Environment working conditions:
– temperature range: -10ºC to +40ºC (14ºF to 104ºF);
– relative air humidity: up to 95% @ 35ºC (95ºF);
l) Dimensions (projections not included) and weight, operating: (W x H x D) 330 x 165 x 380 mm (13 x 6.5
x 15 In); 12 kg (26.5 Lbs).
a) Receive / transmit control:
– KEY-IN input – type Phono (RCA) jack socket; voltage fed to the open transceiver key: not exceeding
+12.6V; current through the closed transceiver key: not exceeding 6mA;
– not obligatory KEY-OUT output – type Phono (RCA) jack socket; output resistance: not more than 120
Ohm; maximum admissible input voltage from the transceiver (across an open KEY-OUT output):
+50V; maximum admissible current through a closed KEY-OUT output: 20mA;
– minimum dead time, necessary for safe amplifier switching from receive to transmit: 10ms between
transmit request at the KEY-IN input jack and the RF drive appearance at the RF INPUT connector.
b) Frequency control directly from CAT interface of the transceiver – connector CAT/AUX (connector type
c) Remote control through RS232 interface (connector type DB-9).
d) Remote turn on through simultaneous activation of the signals DSR/DTR and CTS/RTS on the RS232
(type DB-9) connector.
e) Remote turn on / turn off line – “ON_RMT” input on the CAT/AUX (DB-15) connector; DC voltage pulse:
+4.5 to +15V DC towards ground for 1-2s; input current: 3mA maximum.
Storage and shipment
a) Environment conditions for storage and shipment:
– temperature range: -40ºC to +70ºC (-40ºF to 158ºF);
– relative air humidity: up to 75% @ 35ºC (95ºF);
– above sea-level: up to 12000m, including the luggage compartment of aircraft.
b) Dimensions and weight at transportation (max): (W x H x D) 480 x 280 x 440 mm (18.9 x 11 x 17.3 In);
14.5kg (32 Lbs).